Hex-Rays is excited to announce that IDA Freeware has been upgraded to the latest IDA version (7.6), and now includes a cloud-based decompiler!
IDA Freeware is the free version of IDA Pro, introduced to provide individual users¹ with an opportunity to see IDA in action, supporting disassembly of x86 and x64 binaries. It is the go-to tool for anyone who wants to kickstart their reverse engineering experience!
- bumped version from 7.0 to 7.6, and therefore benefits from all the great additions that appeared in the meantime:
- dark mode
- support for classifying data in folders
- golang support
- Apple Silicon support
- faster rebasing
- optional synchronized disassemly & decompilation
- For the first time, IDA Freeware ships with a cloud-based, free decompiler for x64 binaries (the decompiler requires an internet connection, and lacks some of the more advanced features that the commercial decompiler provides.)
Learn more about IDA Freeware and see the main differences between our range of products: IDA Pro, IDA Home, IDA Freeware.
1. Work can be saved, but commercial use is not allowed