The Hex-Rays Halloween Challenge
It is almost Halloween, and this year we have decided to celebrate it with a challenge! Solve the challenge correctly, and if you’re quick enough to be within the first five, you will get an exclusive Halloween-themed IDA T-shirt.
Before we continue, we would like to make you aware of some essential rules:
- This challenge is completely free and does not require a purchase of a product or service;
- Everyone is welcome to participate;
- The gifts are 5 (five) and will be given to the first 5 (five) participants who successfully solved the challenge;
- Each participant can send more than one submission, but only one gift will be given even if the challenge is solved more than once. To be awarded, the submission with the correctly solved challenge should also adhere to p.3 above;
- The deadline for participation is 31 October 23:59 (CET timezone). Submissions received after that date would not be considered;
- The winners will be contacted directly by 2 November;
- The gifts will be sent within a week after the announcement. The delivery is free of charge for the awardee. All winners should provide us with correct and precise shipping details. Should we not receive complete delivery information, we will consider the submission unsuccessful and will award the next participant in the list;
- All personal data, including email addresses, names, and shipping details, will not be:
- Given to third parties;
- Used for further communication;
- Stored on our servers longer than the duration of the challenge.
- Should you have any complaints or questions, please get in touch with email@example.com
Let’s begin with some instructions…
- The first step is to read our Twitter post. There is a hidden instruction in the image that will reveal just a part of the solution;
- You would also need to read this blog post carefully. To solve the challenge, you must look beyond what’s obvious to the eyes… If you do so, you’ll have the second set of instructions;
- Have you found all the missing parts? They will help you to find the hidden page.
Got questions? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Good luck to everyone, and we are looking forward to receiving your submissions!