By using our products or services you are agreeing to this policy.
Information We Collect
We collect information directly from individuals, from third-parties, and automatically when you use our services and products.
- Account information: When you create an account on the Hex-Rays web site, we collect your name, contact information, and other information you provide.
- Payment information: When you purchase our products or services, we may collect the information necessary to process your order. For online purchases you will be required to provide certain payment and billing information directly to our payment processing partners.
- Communications: When you communicate with us (via email, phone, fax, through the Hex-Rays web site or otherwise), we may maintain a record of your communication.
Purposes and Legal Bases for Our Using of Your Information
We do not sell or otherwise share your personal data with third parties to use for their own marketing purposes. Hex-Rays uses the information we collect for our legitimate interests which include the following:
- Provide our services: To provide you the products and services, communicate with you about your use of the Hex-Rays products, respond to your inquiries, provide technical support, and for other customer service purposes.
- Marketing and promotions: For marketing and promotional purposes, such as to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you.
- Analytics: To gather metrics to better understand how users access and use our web site; to evaluate and improve our web site, and to develop new products and services.
- Comply with law: To comply with legal obligations, as part of our general business operations, and for other business administration purposes.
How We Share Your Information
We share information as set forth below:
- Service providers: We may share your information with third party service providers who use this information to perform services for us, such as payment processors, hosting providers, auditors, advisors, consultants, customer service and support providers.
- Business transfers: We may disclose or transfer information, including personal information, as part of any merger, sale, and transfer of our assets, or similar events.
- Legally required: We may disclose your information if we are required to do so by law.
- Protection of rights: We may disclose information where we believe it necessary to respond to claims asserted against us or, comply with legal process (e.g., subpoenas or warrants), enforce or administer our agreements and terms, for fraud prevention, risk assessment, investigation, and protect the rights, property or safety of Hex-Rays, its users, or others.
How We Protect Your Information
We implemented many safeguards to protect the information we collect, including data encryption, enforced access policies, physical security measures, etc. However, no website or network is completely secure. Please take appropriate steps to protect your personal information safe, for example by choosing a strong password on our web site and keeping your license information private.
Access and Amend Your Information
You may update or delete your account information on our web site at any time by logging in to your account.
If you delete your account, to the extent permitted by applicable law, we will retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, maintain appropriate business records, and enforce our agreements.
We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after deleting your information from our networks, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Only entities and persons over the age of majority may use our products and services. However, younger persons may use them upon parental consent and responsibility.
If we change our privacy policies and procedures, we will post those changes on this page.