Type of licenses available for IDA
Named licenses are linked to a specific end user and may be used on the user's laptop, and two desktop computers. They are a logical choice for private users but are also available to corporations and universities if and when only one end user uses the software.
Computer licenses are linked to a specific computer and may be used by different end-users on that computer provided only one user is active at any time. This license type is suitable for corporations because they are not tied to physical persons and allow for easy license reassignment.
Floating (or Network) licenses can be installed on unlimited number of computers (in one organization) but allow only a limited number of simultaneously running copies.How it works
Team licenses can be installed on an unlimited number of computers in one organization. A team of engineers can work online or offline and merge their work once they reach milestones, big or small. The vault server, which comes with team licenses, keeps track of all changes.How it works
|Available to individuals||Yes||No||No||No||No|
|Available to companies||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Available to universities||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Single license can be used by many different users||No 1||Yes 2||Yes 3||No||Yes|
|Single license can be installed on more than one machine||Yes 4||No||Yes 5||Yes 5||No|
|Tied to a specific end user||Yes 1||No 9||No 9||No 10||No|
|Several copies can be run simultaneously||Yes 6||Yes 6||Yes 6||Yes 6||Yes 6|
|Requires network connection||No||No||Yes 7||Yes 7||No|
|Locked to hardware||No||No||No 8||No 8||No|
|Support period||1 year||1 year||1 year||1 year||none|
|Requires a dongle||No||No||No||No||No|
End-user license agreement
- Each named license is assigned to a specific user and can be used only by that user. Reassignment of the license to another user is usually possible during the support period (max twice per year)
- Each computer license can be used by any user on the physical or virtual computer where it's installed
- Each floating license allows one concurrent use of the software
- The user can install the software on his/her laptop and two desktop computers, provided that no other user uses the software on those computers.
- The software can be installed on as many computers as required (in the same company)
- Multiple copies can be run only on one computer at a time
- To the license server; it is possible to borrow a license for offline work
- Only license server is locked
Computer and floating licenses are assigned an email, usually of a person
updating the email address is possible during the support period (max twice per year)
- user management is done by your company.